You’ve heard it a million times before – it’s not the heat, it’s the humidity. Excess humidity can have a big impact on your home’s comfort. And 6 months later there is the opposite complaint about dry air leading to dry skin, dry nose and throat, electrostatic shock and other phenomenons.
Today’s energy-efficient homes need more humidity control. More efficient air-conditioning, better vapor barriers, better insulation – all these advances can result in excess moisture in your home. And our heating systems make the indoor environment nice and warm which results in dry air.
- Wipe out that clammy feeling.
- Get rid of indoor stickiness.
- Say goodbye to musty odors
Here an example: the revolutionary whole-home dehumidification technology from Aprilaire.
The Aprilaire Model 1700 Whole-Home Dehumidifier removes just the right amount of moisture for ultimate comfort and peace of mind. And it works throughout your entire home, not just in one room like noisy, messy portable dehumidifiers. In addition, the Model 1700 lets you dehumidify a separate area of your home where there is more humidity buildup – like your basement or crawlspace – even when your heating/air-conditioning isn’t running.
Humidifier: Protect Your Family From Overly Dry Air
It’s become well known that a home with moisture feels warmer than a dry home, even at lower temperature settings.
Here an example: The Aprilaire Model 800 Humidifier is a whole-home solution that helps you achieve total comfort through humidity control. When you use the Aprilaire Model 800 Humidifier, you eliminate the unhealthy and damaging effects of overly dry air on your family and home. The Aprilaire Automatic Humidifier is the world’s first computer-equipped, completely automated, “no touch” humidifier. It never needs constant manual adjustments. The advanced computer technology measures the outdoor temperature and indoor humidity over 86,000 times a day and continually adjusts your homes indoor humidity to its optimum level. It also performs at a level three times more accurate and four times more reliable than other humidifiers.
- Runs independently of your HVAC system to accommodate larger homes (up to 6,200 square feet)
- Delivers optimum levels of humidity control with the Automatic Digital Humidifier Control.
- Performs quietly and with simple maintenance. You only need to replace the canister.
- Has a capacity of 11.5, 16.0, 20.5, 23.3, and 34.6 gallons per day, depending on electrical draw.
- Uses cold water, which may be hard, soft or softened.
- Reduced Heating Bills – In addition to keeping your home and family comfortable, it can help reduce heating bills. Because humidified air feels warmer, you’ll be able to turn your thermostat down for energy savings.
- Out of Sight, Out of Mind – it is installed out-of-sight by your heating and cooling professional into your home’s central heating and cooling system. You can forget about having to fill clunky, portable units, because it automatically fills itself.
- Minimal Maintenance – Simply clean once a year with soap and water and the rest of the time it cleans itself automatically.
Contact our Comfort Specialists to talk about your Humidity Control!