It is that time of year! Time to call up your local HVAC contractor and schedule your Spring maintenance before the hot weather comes. But wait! Be sure to check out what is included in the maintenance fee. Not all companies have the same tune-up service. At Carolina Heating Service, we cover all the bells and whistles with our factory fresh 20 Point Precision Cooling Tune-up! Our cooling service includes:
1) Lubricate all moving parts.
2) Record operating pressures and temperatures.
3) Replace disposable air filter with MERV 8 pleated filter.
4) Measure refrigerant superheat and subcooling.
5) Flush condensate drain to protect against overflow.
6) Clean outdoor condenser coil.
7) Wash and wax outdoor condenser cabinet.
8) Check blower motor (and belt if applicable).
9) Test “temperature drop” at return and supply air; adjust blower speed.
10) Safety test all controls for proper operation.
11) Meter voltage and amperage in all motors; test for worn bearings.
12) Test condition of compressor contacts.
13) Inspect start and run capacitors and relays for bulges, rust and leaks.
14) Test and tighten wires and connections.
15) Clean thermostat.
16) Check service light.
17) Check evaporator coil.
18) Check humidity.
19) Megometer test the compressor.
20) Inform client of equipment condition. Recommend necessary repairs.
Make sure your HVAC system is getting the TLC it needs before the hot weather comes by calling us today at (864)232-5684
Take a look at some other great maintenance tips here.