We’re currently at the beginning of National Preparedness Month!
Generac is urging Americans to take this time to proactively prepare their homes and businesses from weather and power related disasters. Year after year millions of Americans face danger, from major storms to natural disasters and threatening power outages. Research shows that in any given month millions of people could be without power, with or without a major storm.
National Preparedness Month is a time to prepare yourself and those in your care for emergencies and disasters, both large scale and smaller local events. This year we are asking you to take action now. MAKE A PLAN with your community, your family, and for your pets. Plan how to stay safe and communicate during the disasters that can affect your community. We know that emergencies can happen unexpectedly in communities just like yours, to people like you. We’ve seen tornado outbreaks, river floods and flash floods, historic earthquakes, tsunamis, and even water main breaks and power outages that impact families for days at a time.
A disaster preparedness kit should contain the following items:
- Fresh water and non-perishable food items, enough to last for about three days
- NOAA weather radio to stay on top of the storm as well as any announcements from local authorities
- Flashlights and fresh batteries
- First aid kit and any medications that you may need to last you for several days
- Emergency contacts, whether it is police, fire, friends, or family, so that you can reach out to them in an emergency and let them know that you are all right
- Any important documentation and identification that you don’t want lost
- Cash in the event that banks are not open or are not accessible
- Back Up Generator
Take this month to really think about the potential dangers your family could face and get a kit and action plan prepared. You are not helpless in the face of an emergency.
Carolina Generators (864)232-5684 Call Us Today and ask us how we can help you be prepared!!